Abpro: Creating novel, breakthrough medicines.




Episode Loading...




PharmaTelevision requires Javascript enabled and Adobe Flash Player to watch our programmes. If you do not have Flash installed, you can download it for free from the Adobe Flash homepage.

Improve your Internet experience and start watching exciting new video content.

Video title: Abpro: Creating novel, breakthrough medicines.
Released on: January 09, 2017. © PharmaVentures Ltd
Share/save this page:
Email
Bookmark
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Follow us:
RSS
Twitter
In This Episode:
    Abpro have streamlined all aspects of the process to create a state-of-the-art gene-to-antibody platform that allows rapid generation of antibodies against previously difficult targets.
  • Summary
  • Participants
  • Company
Abpro have streamlined all aspects of the process to create a state-of-the-art gene-to-antibody platform that allows rapid generation of antibodies against previously difficult targets. Applications include use in research, as diagnostics or as therapeutics. Our platform has been well proven and validated by major pharmaceutical, biotechnology and academic labs around the world.
Ian Chan, Chairman, CEO & Founder Previously: Co-founder, CFO of U.S. Genomics; private equity at Morgan Stanley, Bear Stearns. MBA Harvard Business School; AB Brown University, Pre-medical studies. Adam Mostafa, CFO Previously Cantor Fitzgerald, Needham, CRT, AQR, Citi. AB Brown University, Mathematical Economics
The biotechnology industry is still in its infancy today. The total of all products created by the industry can be traced back to just a handful of genes representing less than 1% of genes known to mankind. The remaining 99% of genes remain unsolved. These are likely to hold the keys to treating some of the most pressing diseases faced by mankind. Over the recent years, the next-generation sequencing revolution has led to a significant understanding of biology, disease processes, and fundamental biochemistry and the composition of the genes. Unprecedented insight into the diversity of individuals and their biochemical makeup has occurred over the past few years to allow disease to be studied at an accelerated manner. The availability of this information allows for unprecedented selection of novel targets and a significant opportunity to generate novel therapies to treat disease. Historically, creating the byproducts from genes has been a major bottleneck. Our Diversimmune platform overcomes such limitations to allow the study of genes at industry leading speeds to create novel, breakthrough medicines.